- Exclusivity – you are sharing Arkaba’s 60,000 acres with just a handful of other guests
- Twice-daily guided safari experiences. Immersive bush walks and safari drives showcase the abundance of wildlife & Arkaba’s conservation mission to protect it.
- Bush-inspired meals throughout
- South Australia beverages from an open bar
- Stay in one of only five Homestead Guestrooms
- Ensuite bathroom
- Rates for all stays at Arkaba include a Conservation Levy with at least 2% of your all-inclusive experience at Arkaba going back into conservation projects. It does not increase the package price, it is simply a guarantee that a minimum amount goes directly to initiatives in protecting Arkaba’s biodiversity.
General Terms & Conditions
The Arkaba Walk closes between November and February each year. However the Arkaba Homestead is open all year round.
Unforeseen circumstances may result in you having to change your plans or even cancel at the last moment. To protect non-refundable deposits and payments we STRONGLY recommend that all guests obtain comprehensive travel insurance that includes cancellation and emergency medical care cover.
Please be sure to consider such things as pre-existing medical conditions, valuable items and that the policy is right for you.
Check-in is from 2pm. We recommend arriving by about 3.30 so you can join our afternoon safari experience.
Check-out is by 11am following a morning safari experience.
Please note: As a small property with just five guestrooms we have no ‘check-in’ desk. As such, we are unable to accommodate earlier arrivals without prior arrangement. No lunch is provided on day of arrival.
Deposit – A 20% deposit within 24 hours
Balance due: 60 days from departure date
Booking within 60 days from departure: Balance due within 48 hours
NOTE: Final guest rooming list, arrival and departure details, dietary restrictions and special add-on tour requirements are due 30 days prior to arrival.
As a small regional property, our business depends on maximising occupancy and cancellations often result in empty rooms due to long booking lead times. Therefore, cancellations must be advised by email to email@example.com, and the following penalties will take effect from the date received.
90 days or more: Deposit will be refunded less a $50 admin fee and any credit card charges
61-89 days: Loss of deposit
60 days or less: 100% of total contracted package will be retained
- No shows or premature departures will incur 100% cancellation fee as will any unused services or unused nights due to flight / weather disruption.
- Final rooming list, arrival and departure details, meal and tour requirements are due 30 days prior to arrival
The minimum stay is two nights.
We recommend you stay at least three nights to allow time for two full days and a chance to relax.
Arkaba is not suitable for children under 12 years of age. This is partly acknowledging the small size of the lodge; additionally there are several safety considerations.
If the lodge is booked exclusively and suitable supervision is arranged then children of any age will be permitted.
Please note there are no child minding facilities available at Arkaba. All guests dine together.